Saturday, August 18, 2012

LePore's Dinosaur Digging Adventure: From Home to the Aiport

God sure has a sense of humor sometimes. On Monday, my mother (Kimberly LePore) was checking her Facebook page when something caught here eye. Fourteen-year old, Noah Justice from the creation video series 'Awesome Science' had posted that there were spots open for two more families on a dinosaur digging adventure in Northwestern Colorado, near Dinosaur National Monument. She showed me the post, and my response was, "Could we go?", of course. I was expecting something along the lines of "Ha! It's only a week away (later, we found out it was only 4 days away!)!", but no, she said that we should call the people in charge of the dig. My mom called, and I was astonished that she actually thought it was a possibility! "Could this be a dream come true?", I thought. I have loved dinosaurs ever since I was 7 years old, and after hearing the truth about dinosaurs, I have loved them even more. It is every boy's dream to be able to dig for dinosaur bones, to be a paleontologist. Could this really happen? Was I just dreaming?


Long story short, I am in Reno airport as I am typing this, and our flight has been delayed for an hour. Apparently there was another flight which was supposed to leave, but their plane was having technical issues, so they took ours instead. How did that happen? I have no clue. Please be in prayer for us, as this is the first time we have been this far from home without the rest of the family, and my mom is quite... nervous. I am sure that we will have a great time, and that we will bring back something BIG for show and tell. 

(P.S. I am thinking that we will have a special fossil presentation for the September meeting, but we need to have a committee meeting to plan it first. :)

-- Caleb LePore
August 18th, 2012 at 11:20 AM
        

No comments:

Post a Comment