Over-All Rating: 5 out of 5
Content: 5 out of 5
Format: 5 out of 5
Thoroughness: 5 out of 5
Up-To-Date: 5 out of 5
Age Recommendation: Preteen-Adult
Climate change in the origins debate, that is. In recent years, the emphasis of evolutionary humanists has shifted from defending evolution to offensively questioning and ridiculing creation and the Bible. I regularly hear claims such as," "Creation is religion and evolution is science," "Creation denies natural selection," "Transitional fossils disprove biblical creation," "Noah's Ark couldn't have possibly survived a worldwide flood," "A worldwide flood couldn't have laid down various, uniform rock layers," "Young-earth creation has no scientific evidence," and even "Dragon legends were really inspired by dinosaur fossils excavated by ancient paleontologists"! Meanwhile, coming from Capitol Hill is a push for support of climate-change prevention, abortion, "gay marriage", and a limited freedom of religion for Christians.
Yet, even in such times as these, Christians are faced with a command from Scripture to, "...always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason of the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear." But how are Christians supposed to give this defense? As this verse, 1 Peter 3:15, tells us, "But sanctify the Lord God in you hearts..." We must set God apart as first in our hearts, and hold His Word as our authority in all areas, including in this area of apologetics (giving a defense). This can be difficult, but fortunately, the Lord has greatly blessed His people with many wonderful resources to help equip Christians to have a biblical worldview and to defend their faith. The New Answers Book series, written by various scientists, theologians, and scholars (many who are professionals in their fields), and edited by world-renowned apologist and speaker Ken Ham, are some of the best resources ever published on the issue of creation vs. evolution and the Bible, and the latest addition, The New Answers Book 4, is no exception.
The New Answers Book 4 features new chapters on:
- Atheistic Devices
- Does the Gospel Depend on a Young Earth?
- Was Charles Darwin a Christian?
- Should There Really be a Debate between Science and the Bible?
- What Did the Reformers Believe about the Age of the Earth?
- Are There Transitional Forms in the Fossil Record?
- Could the Flood Cataclysm Deposit Uniform Sedimentary Rock Layers?
- Should We Be Concerned about Climate Change?
- Could Noah's Ark Have Been Made of Wood?
- What about Beneficial Mutations?
- What About the Hebrew Language and Genesis?
- Is Speciation Evidence for Creation or Evolution?
- and many, many more!
Beyond the wide variety of topics covered, Book 4 also features the same, easy-to-read format of its predecessors. Some things which I personally enjoyed about The New Answers Book 4 were:
- Its emphasis on biblical authority in all areas.
- The conciseness of each chapter.
- Its pick-up-and-read style, which makes it easy to get the answers you want at any time.
- The specific topic selection is focused on answering skepticism as well as updating the creation model.
All in all, The New Answers Book 4 is a great resource for those interested in defending the Christian faith, and for those who are seeking answers to questions about creation, evolution, and the Bible. Many thanks to New Leaf Publishing Group for providing me with a copy for review.